Sunday, February 10, 2013

Is This Thing On...?

Testing 1, 2, 3... Mic Check... Mic Check... Is This Thing On?

That might be something someone would say, if he'd been trying to speak and was afraid no one could hear him.

Sadly, that's not really my story.  I could attempt to explain about being busy at work, buying a new house and prepping the old one for rental, moving for the first time in 11 years, or any number of other excuses.  But no, gentle reader, I won't do that to you.  You deserve better than that.

And I wish I had more to offer you.  I just checked through all of my photos from the past 1.5 years, and I really don't have much.  Oh we've been active, most certainly.  We've been camping and tailgating in our Airstream, Catarina, at least a dozen times since my last post.  We've bought a new house and moved, spent a great deal of time prepping the old house for sale and then ultimately deciding to keep it as a rental, and even bought another boat.

And the kids.  My, how they have grown.

So here's a quick glimpse into the past 1.5 years of our lives or so, for the one or two of you who might bother to read this (Hi Mom and Dad!).

In August 2011, we met some friends in New Orleans to celebrate some birthdays.




Storytime at the (old) house August 2011:


Family Fun Time August 2011:




Dylan turns 2 and McKenzie turns 4, September 2011:





Birthday Party Theme -- Princesses and Pirates



Tailgate Party Halloween 2011 (there's that Airstream!)

Trick or Treating with friends:


Egg nog sampling December 2011:



Christmas Eve:


New Year's Camping:





McKenzie's first dance recital, June 2012:


Camping trip at South Padre Island, June 2012:





Merry Christmas 2012!:


Wow, that was exhausting.  I'm making a mental note never to fall a couple of years behind again, that was rough.

There's more camping over New Year's 2012/2013 that I need to post up, as well as some pictures of the new house.  As a good friend of mine likes to say, "Always leave 'em wanting more."

I hope all is well with you and yours in the New Year.

-Marcus


4 comments:

TomW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TomW said...

Great pix! Thanks for the update.

Tom

Frank Yensan said...

please post more... I like reading your blog.

Reinergirl said...

Good to see your back to blogging! Great pictures of the family!