I've had several hits from the UK and Germany which is great, and I just recently noticed that somebody logged on from the Czech Republic. So, to my Czech visitor, vítejte!
I had a little bit of time to work on Saturday and Sunday so I finished up the channel screws and bolts. To prevent the possibility of corrosion from dissimilar metals, I used washers that have a layer of neoprene bonded to the steel. Those are #8 washers for the #8 - 3/4" screws. I won't take credit for the idea, I got it from Frank, and it's a good one!

30 or so of these hold the channel down to the floor, along with the bolts of course.

I also got to work on stripping the paint from the lower panels, along with my good friend Bald Greg who was able to stop by for a couple of hours on Saturday. The panels had a thick layer of latex paint over the original zolatone. For some reason my "before" picture didn't come out, but here is one of the "during" shots. I applied a heavy coat of Citristrip and let it sit for around an hour and a half, and then began scraping with plastic putty knives.

Yup, the original zolatone was green. So was the VAT flooring. But not for much longer. Here is a picture of one of the panels after a fair amount of scraping and some mineral spirits to clean it up a bit:

The raw aluminum is in decent shape, but if I decided to leave it bare, it would need to be polished. I'm not certain where I'm going with the design, so I'll leave it like this for now.
Sbohem!

10 comments:
Вы - хороший товарищ. мы надеемся, что Вы приезжаете в страну железного занавеса, чтобы сделать так, чтобы человек любил с нами. мы выкатываем тент для Вас, чтобы спать под и кормить Вас, икра голых укомплектовывает тело.
Marcus, I will send the comments from your Russian fan to McCarty for translation...of course, it could just be him.
The panel really came out well after the mineral spirits. Let me know when we are going to tackle the ceiling panels. I still have one chemical jumpsuit to fend off the chemically tainted paint falling from the sky.
Я наслаждаюсь вашим тентом. Когда это скатано, это напоминает мне о моем необрезанном члене когда flacid. Я уверен, что это великолепно когда показано для использования.
Marcus,
Looks as though this post has touched off a flurry of multilingual activity on you blog.
I didn't realise you had such an International following... is your trailer even an International model?
Steve
Steve--
Alas no, mine is not an International model, merely a land yacht. Although I beliebe that it now has all of the features of an International, so I suppose I could make it into a fake International as Rob did with his SOTR... :)
-Marcus
Marcus,
You can copy that text into the translator below. I wouldn't post the English version, but I got a chuckle.
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html
Я нуждаюсь в большем количестве фотографии от красивого человека ковбоя в Техасе. Мы приезжаем скоро, чтобы брить заднюю сторону и тост к новой жизни с водкой и картофельным салатом. Возможно Вы приезжаете в землю железного занавеса и нас быть преданным там.
我打算到美國中為進步寫網路日誌。你在船來時,充當安全室?我為你烹飪和做出手發放為空間支付
I'm not even going to translate those, Frank. I am hopeful that they are no more "colorful" than what the "anonymous" poster previously posted in Russian... :)
Steve--
Yeah, I did that just after I posted them. Blogger won't let me highlight the text for copy/paste until after I post them. I allowed them to stand, though if they were in English I definitely would not have!
-Marcus
Yeah, my buddy who is fluent in Russian was impressed with the content, but not the grammar.
OK, Marcus, when are we scraping the ceiling?
Post a Comment