I've managed to create the lighting fixture out of more aluminum, test-fit my recessed lights into it, and clecoed into place.


I still need to fabricate the sides which will also house the switch. I'm not sure if I want to use more aluminum, or something else.
Rob Baker warned me the aluminum would be a finger-print nightmare... anyone know of a top-notch aluminum cleaner???

4 comments:
...revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night...
Looking good, Marcus.
Manfred Mann (sp) would be inspired with your end product.
Thumbs up,
TomW
Does this mean you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? Looks great! Let me know when you find a good aluminum cleaner.
Thanks Tom, I feel like she's really starting to come together. Furniture and plumbing are coming this week. I only have two weeks to have her operable before our annual BFN Campout. I guess it's a good thing I have some free time right now... ;-)
Thanks D, your boondocking trip looked fabulous. Maybe I'll ask some of the CCD folks about aluminum cleaners...
I would think that LCD cleaner would work (Same stuff as eye glass cleaner). It comes in a spray bottle or premoistened towelettes...kinda like what you get after eating chicken wings. There are also special cleaning rags they sell for cleaning computer LCD's or eye glass lenses which would likely work. I guess just to CYA, you can grab a piece of scrap aluminum, put a bunch of fingerprints on it and do a test clean but I cannot think of why those products would not work.
Oh and tell people to stop touching the walls. Why would people be touching the walls anyway? OK, I can see the first year or so being a problem when they come in to look at your work and say, "Wow, that looks great! And that metal wall feels, oh, wow, that leaves a fingerprint. Sorry, but wow, that really looks neat!"
Post a Comment