This one is Gayland standing, and me sitting, just outside of Tom's beautiful '67 Overlander. Gayland was one of the hosts and primary organizers of the rally, and he did a fantastic job.
The next one has me, Tom, Doug, Steve, and Dale Peewee Schwamborn and his wife Susan.
Peewee and Susan sat with us at dinner Saturday night, and we got to hear Peewee talk about his travels through Africa on the Capetown to Cairo caravan in 1959 and 1960.
Here's a shot during the vintage open house:
Pat's riveting seminar:
Tom titled this one "Sea of Airstreams" which is certainly appropriate:
Some might not know this, but I believe Tom's was likely the first Airstream renovation website I stumbled across-- it was definitely before I found the Airforums. I really enjoyed how he documented every single project he did, with plenty of detailed photos, and more than a little bit if entertaining humor. Along with Frank's '62 named Anna, and Uwe's "63 For Me"-- Tom's ownership of an Overlander model influenced me greatly when I was deciding on what model would be best for me and my family. So Tom, thanks again for all of the detailed project documentation and photos. It really was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, and more than a little bit surreal standing inside a "famous" trailer that I had only seen previously on these InterTubes! :)
Anyway, thanks again to all of the organizers of the Texas Vintage, and thanks to Tom for taking the pictures!

2 comments:
Great pics!
It was great meeting you, Marcus. Texas has not seen the last of my Overlander - I believe we will connect again.
Later,
Tom
Post a Comment