Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reachOkay, maybe not quite, but we're getting close. To celebrate the end of summer, we took a return trip down to Padre Island National Seashore. Growing up in Central Texas, and recalling more than a few Spring Break odysseys down to the southern tip of the state, I've always been a South Padre kind of guy. But I have to admit that PINS is fast becoming one of my favorite places in Texas. This time though, Catarina brought along her friend Fandango, a 1972 Winnebago Indian.
Some of you might remember that Fandango belongs to my good friend Greg, who we've camped and tailgated with many times before. This time we were able to convince them to come down and share this time with us, and we're so glad they did.
Here's a picture of The Boys of Summer:
Dylan had a big time eating the sand:
The Girls Of Summer had a great time, too:
McKenzie and me playing in the surf:
Mary and McKenzie playing in the sand:
Meanwhile Dylan was passed out in the Airstream with Crazy King Ludwig ("Loodie") on his face:
Moms and many kids:
Deux:
Dinner playtime in the Overlander:
The wind was so strong and constant that I couldn't put up my new vintage awning. But, at least it made the flags fly beautifully:
Not being able to put up the new awning was rather disappointing. I'm going to have to figure out a solution for that, or else I will likely need to go back to a roll-out style awning. But, since a brand new Zip Dee isn't in the budget right now, I'll just have to make do for now.
All in all it was a fantastic trip (that is, aside from a small incident with 5-0 in Nixon, Texas :) ), and we're looking forward to our next trip back down to the beach, perhaps as early as this October. Until then...
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm driving by your house
Though I know you're not home...

5 comments:
Nice hat! Great campsite.
Great shots Marcus - Padre Island looks a stunning spot & you can't beat camping right on the beach. Looks like your kids had a ball.
We were under canvas for another year but hopefully 2011 will be under Aloooominum.
Chris
Darn, wish we could of made it. Sorry we had to bag. Nice pictures!
That is a great AIRSTREAM 23ft. ?
William
Hi William,
It's a 26' Overlander.
-Marcus
Post a Comment