




And then I started on the outside:

It would have been great to have a helper, but all you really need is two ladders, two boards, and one "fine adjustment tool."




Be sure to wrap the top of your ladder/inclined plane/Slip 'N' Slide with a towel or blanket to keep it from scraping up the aluminum skin.

And now it's out!


What was in that other box you might wonder? Why, it's a heat diffuser from an old furnace that a friend was kind enough to send me free of charge!

Many thanks to Rick (aka Overlander & Sea) for sending this to me. He knows what I plan to do with it, but the rest of you will have to wait and see!
Oh, and since I tend to work alone and there's never anybody around to take pictures, many of you don't know what I look like. So I decided to post a picture of my wife and me, on vacation in the Italian Riviera, a couple of summers ago.

Ciao!

4 comments:
Marcus, is that one of the Italian waiters that sat down with your wife while you were off taking pictures of the lobster tank? :-)
Ha!
No, that is ME. I am not Italian or Spanish, and no Mexican or Indian blood at all as far as anyone knows. I'm what they call "Dark Irish" but what that usually equates to is getting stopped in airports by Homeland Security, especially if I've been on holiday in the Riviera and have a killer tan... :)
How did you remove the caulk, adhesive or sealant that was there without damaging the alu skin?
Terry,
I used a solvent called MEK, along with a plastic putty knife, to remove the sealant. It took a while, but no damage to the skin occurred. There were a few small scratches perhaps from a previous installation that I buffed out with cotton rags and truckbox polish (Diamond Brite).
Post a Comment