All of my Airstreaming buddies warned me. Frank warned me. Rob warned me. Steve warned me. John warned me. And then Frank warned me 10 more times for good measure.
Everything takes longer than you expect and plan for.
Things take longer because it's hard to get to hidden fasteners. Things take longer because you don't have that tool you didn't know you'd need. Things take longer because Life always has a way of changing your plans for you.
So they were right, everything is taking longer than I expected, and MUCH longer than I planned for. Even so, I have managed to make some progress.
I removed the vanity last week, and the upper cabinets over the weekend. Then I struggled with the twin beds, until finally finding some screws that I swear I looked at 25x and didn't notice.
Curbside twin is out:
Streetside twin is out, here's the replacement freshwater tank from INCA underneath it:
PAR water pump:
Terry-- what is this 12V line for? It tees off the 12V side of the CS bedroom lighting fixture, it ran through the CS upper, and then into the tall pantry. Maybe for the 3-way Dometic refrigerator?
That's it for today. Tomorrow is a day of Thanksgiving, rest, and of course, Texas Longhorn football. I'll be back at it on the Airstream early Friday AM.
Hook 'em Horns!
-Marcus

5 comments:
Don't worry Marcus... my orginial "niave" thought was 1 week to replace the front floor... hmmm... a little of this and that to repair first... run new electrical... seal leaks.... figure out hidden screws, bolts... frame repair... the wood for the FIRST panel is ABOUT to go in.... let's see... a couple of months later!
Have fun! Happy thanksgiving!
Marc
3ms75argosy
p.s. - Please tell your friend with the Winnibago that I love that model MH. I'd love to see more pics and updates! I'd post there, but he doesn't take the "name/url" option on his post... I don't have a google ID.
Hey Marc, thanks for the insights and for following my progress. I really enjoy seeing what you do as well! :)
I'll tell Greg that he has a growing fanbase for the Winnie named "Fandango" and I'll see if he will open it up to visitors with name/URL. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of comments from folks who appreciate his MH. He hasn't posted many interior shots, but it is in AMAZING original condition, orange laminate countertops and carpet, and "groovy" upholstery and all!
-Marcus
Hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving! You're progress is looking good! Hook Em!!
Elway
Here comes another warning Marcus... stay with it at a steady pace and do not get bogged down by the overwhelming feeling that WILL visit you very soon. Take deep cleansing breaths, stay steady and do not let it break your spirit. Soon you will be questioning yourself as to why did you get into this, what have you done to your trailer, and how could you ever possibly put all this mess back together. Keep steady, don't get bogged down or overwhelmed. Little bites and you can eat an elephant.
Marcus.. Frank is right... which is why I strongly recommend his method of cure... get ANOTHER ONE!
Really.... my Argosy is my camping trailer... my TW is my fun one! :)
Honestly.. you'll get it together in no time!
Marc
Post a Comment