And, to quote Frank from about a year ago: Rot Rot Rot!
This is the furnace vent that come s up from below the subfloor, still need to remove that.
The tub had this spray-in foam that looks like it was used to support the higher end and maintain the angle. I'll have to think of some way to reproduce that.
Next, remove the interior panels, cut away the belly pan below, and then remove the old subfloor. I had hoped to get to that point by tonight, but now I'm hoping I'll be there by the end of next weekend.

5 comments:
It all looks so familiar....
Lot's of work done... lot's of work ahead of you.
I've got the same issue with my tub. You can buy low expansion urethane foam that is used to fill the gaps around house windows. I plan to shim the tub in place and place a heavy weight in the tub and then foam fill the gap. It would also be good to place a thin plastic barrier down with some spray adhesive so that the tub does not become permanently bonded to the plywood.
Great ideas Steve, thanks for the input. You'll most likely get there before I do, so I look forward to hearing your advice on how it works.
-Marcus
Wow... it'll smell like new once the floor taken care of. Amazing how much dirt and junk gets in behind things.
Well, half-new anyway. I'm sure there's plenty of filth behind the cabinets in the front half of the trailer too, but I won't be getting to that until NEXT winter. Still, I've already inspected the perimeter and it's in much better shape than the rear, as expected. A small spot of rot under the front window, that I could probably fix with rot doctor, but I will replace the plywood anyway because I never want to do this again. Plus, as you noted, it smells so much better when it is replaced! :)
-Marcus
Post a Comment