Consumables:
The insulation wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Completely dry, and not really very stinky. The bottom pieces had quite a bit of dirt, though, so I will replace them.
Street Side:
Curb Side:
Rear with insulation pulled:
The c-channel here is pretty corroded as well, this is one of the worst spots. It's still solid though, not flaky or breaking apart, at the bottom anyway. The top edges do have some missing material, so I probably need to invoke Frank's Trailer Works to make some new c-channel for me.
The floor, on the other hand, is mostly sawdust.
(On second glance, Steve pointed out some bits at the bottom of that white corroded part that might be perforations. It's tough to tell, but tomorrow I will shine a light from one side to the other to see if I can see through it.)
Will post more tomorrow, and I'd also like to cut away the belly pan tomorrow night, but I need to figure out a good light solution. I don't have any good shop lights. Maybe a trip to the hardware store is in order...

2 comments:
Marcus. On my drill bits, I held the rivet heads with a pair of pliers and ran the drill. The spinning bit bores out the rivet heads and they will come right off. I am using an air drill so it spins quite fast. I also have a drill doctor drill bit sharpener. I sit down, tear the head off of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and sharpen all the drills. Works great.
NUTZ
a nice shop light is a perfect early Christmas present - and then get that belly pan off and cut that sawdust floor out of there!!
Post a Comment