The rear-most x-member:
Second x-member, with cut-out for plumbing. The gray water drain lines from the tub and vanity sink will y together, and then come forward through these cut-outs and into the gray tank. Originally, these drain lines simply dumped onto the ground, or into a blue boy portable waste tank:
Third x-member, with plumbing cut-out, and with the new gray tank mounted.
Here's a shot from the back:
My welder actually put the gray tank one bay aft of where I had planned. It's okay, the tail of the trailer is still so far back that the gray tank won't rub the ground before the tail drags. And this way, the exit valve will be very close to the exit for the black tank, and I might be able to plumb them together as modern RVs have it.
The tank sits between a x-member and a removable strut, that is bolted onto two tabs, one at either end. This way, I can easily drop the tank should it ever require maintenance, or if I need access to the bottom of the floor for any reason. This was not my idea, I blatantly stole it from Frank, who graciously explained to me how he had done this.
Now it's time to prep and paint the frame with POR15, cut the subfloor pieces (I picked up the plywood yesterday), and then begin the floor installation. This is where the rubber meets the road, and I have a TON of work to do over the next few weeks.

3 comments:
It's looking good Marcus.. keep chugging, only 97 days left!
Welder did a beautiful job. Its going to look great
The steel and grey tank work looks great. You gave me at least one idea for mine (when I get there). I will be watching your floor replacement very closely. Keep up the good work! -Tim
Post a Comment