Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Rarity

Last night I heard some rainfall, but didn't think much of it. I also knew that the temperature was down into the low 30s, but we only see snow here in Austin once every few years, and it rarely sticks.

So imagine my surprise to see this when I woke up this morning!




I know, it's only 0.2" of precipitation and not very impressive to any of my yankee friends from the North, but I don't expect to spend much time camping in the snow, so this is a rarity indeed for my trailer!

4 comments:

Steve "Dancin" Hansen said...

Winter camping in Austin, Texas? The only similiar thing we have here in Minnesota is golfing on Christmas during really mild Decembers...

Next time (if there is a next time) go out and make a "snow angel" and post the picture.

Frank Yensan said...

Good thing that roll out awning was in. I think that heavy snow burden might have torn it off.

Rob & Zoe' Baker said...

Ok, enough about the awning - what the hell is that green thing on the front of your trailer - yikes!!! Get that thing off of there rookie!

utee94 said...

The hideous green thing is on its way out, whenever I get some time. It will be replaced with a lightly tinted plexiglass sheet.