Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Final Four

At last, I have the final 4' of floor out of the trailer. It required the same treatment as the back 4'. Snap off the elevator bolts from below, unscrew the slotted screws that run from the channel down into the floor, and snap off from above the elevator bolts that run downside-up into the channel. The fiberglass wheel well covers also have a row of slotted screws that hold them down onto the floor, but these were easy to remove.





The cross-members below this section of floor were in much better shape. Only surface rust, instead of being rotted all the way through.








I just dropped the trailer off at a local welder/fabricator for the frame/outigger repairs, and while it's at the shop I will cut out my new plywood subloor so that I'm ready to go when I get it back from the welder.

Things are starting to pick up, and I'm looking forward to putting stuff back together, rather than tearing it apart as I have been for the past month!

3 comments:

Greg Dvorak said...

Bravo! The holiday season is here so let me know what I can do to help. The day job is on the back-burner.

BTW, I fixed my brakes on Fandango. I will get an updated post on my blog this weekend.

Frank Yensan said...

I am having total flash back every time you post. Keep going you are on a roll. Use momentum in your favor.

utee94 said...

Yes Frank, mine is going to look very much like yours, right up to the point when the floor and furniture go back in. Then we will have some serious departures. Stock, it will not be, much as yours. But I will not mess with the layout, I think it's perfect.

Greg, good work on Fandango. Looking forward to the blog post. I will likely need some help when I get the trailer back and pop the subfloor pieces back in.